Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Husband Is Amazing

Prepare yourself: this will be sappy. My husband, let's just call him "James the Great" has spent the last five weeks going to work all day, then coming home (often stopping at the grocery store for me on the way) and spending the entire evening with Jimmy, so I can focus on not throwing up. They play with blocks, they play with trains, they have dance parties.


And then, more often than not, James gives Jimmy his bath and puts him to bed. Before this pregnancy, Jimmy had been put to bed by someone other than me less than ten times in his entire life. He has adjusted. :) After Jimmy is in bed, does James sit down and relax? Oh, no, dear friends, he cleans. He runs laundry. He does the dishes. While he's doing this, I'm generally turning back to my right side, still focusing on keeping down whatever bland supper I was able to eat.

I continue to remind myself that this phase will pass. It will. It has to. In the meantime, I'm so glad I'm married to someone who is willing not just to prop me up, but to completely carry me. Like I said, he's amazing.

3 comments:

Jaimey said...

you were right, sappy. I threw up a little in my mouth. :) Just kidding. I think its awesome that he is so handy, helpful and amazing! That James is a good egg! :)

Berly said...

Hooray for teamwork... or "Jameswork" in this case!!! I REALLY hope this nausea subsides for you soon, G.

tracyannc said...

WOW, well, when you are feeling all energized again, feel free to send him my way ;)