Friday, September 25, 2009

Now Presenting, Itsy Bitsy

I'll be honest, I never intended to be quite so publicly...let's say...WHINY (SO sorry), but the last two months have been miserable for me. I've had four days of feeling MUCH better though, and today I got a reward for all that suffering.



I had an appointment this morning for 12 week screening, which included an ultrasound, and WOW - what a difference from the 6 week peek, which looked like this:

For that much growth to occur in six weeks (I won't say "6 short weeks" because they took forever) is utterly astounding to me, and I suppose it makes sense that the hormones it takes to facilitate that growth might make a person a little sick. It was amazing to see the baby kicking and rolling and wiggling in there. It made it...real, and I felt truly excited for the first time, which was a wonderful relief.

I won't get the results of the blood testing for a week to ten days, but I'm not too worried. At any rate, it wouldn't change anything, other than to help us prepare should our child have some special needs.

So, it was a big morning.

After the ultrasound, I went across the hall for my 3 month checkup. All is well there. Then, I went across the parking lot for a flu shot. THANK YOU to my neighbor, Wendee for keeping Jimmy for the morning. He's a good boy, but two hours of being in the doctor's office makes an adult a little antsy(well...it makes ME antsy anyway), let alone an active little dude. The J-bird was thrilled to spend the morning with his best pal and hugging buddy, Dahlia (aka "Dolly"), and now, he's contentedly finishing a popsicle before his nap. Apparently, it's good to be the king (teehee).

4 comments:

Sara said...

Yeah for a happy healthy baby and a feeling better momma!

Shelly Gonzales said...

Awwwww! Easy to see why you felt so icky. "Itsy Bitsy" was sucking every ounce of everything in order to do all that developing! I'm so glad you're feeling better.

Tara said...

Beautiful baby! How exciting!! :)

Jaimey said...

Yay! Congrats on everything being well and a little round head! :)