Sunday, December 13, 2009

And The House Smells Awesome

December in our house is gingerbread season. Batch after batch after batch...



I bake up a whole neighborhood of gingerbread houses (still in progress) and crowds of gingerbread men.

Like these.

I mix up veritable vats of icing

in several colors.


It's a mess, and my kitchen looks like a disaster area for a week or so (though I clean the mess up each evening...it generates all over again the next day!), but at least I have help.




Here's my little assistant last year





...and here he is this year!




His reward for "helping"




Ahhh....gingerbread season.


This year, I added chocolate shortbread to the rotation as well.


James isn't a big shortbread fan in general, so I don't have an independent review, but I LOVE it, and I think this recipe is a winner. I'll post it later!

No comments: