Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Rocket Headboard

Jimmy's room is decorated with rocket ships, which he loves. With the baby coming in April, we're going to have to move the big boy out of his crib. In all honesty, this worries me. He likes the crib, and he's never shown any interest in climbing out - very convenient for me. Even on the days he decides not to nap, I know he'll stay in the crib throughout his "quiet time", without my having to be concerned that he's quietly running amok upstairs. I'd rather transition him now than when I also have a newborn though, so after Christmas, we're going to work on making the switch. When I was a little girl, my dad built me a "big girl bed" (it was white with heart shaped cutouts - I loved it), and James and I thought it'd be fun to do the same for Jimmy - so...a rocket ship headboard it is! James and his dad cut it out for me over Thanksgiving, and I got it painted over the last week. My favorite part is the window!

1 comment:

Jaimey said...

That is gorgeous! Oh-I-mean very manly! :) Love it. I can't wait to see his room finished with it.