Friday, December 25, 2009

Silent Night

I crept downstairs last night after both the boys were asleep and just stood in the dark with the Christmas tree for a minute. I thought about my Grandpa Paul, who I loved so much. We used to sing "Silent Night" together in German every year, and remembering that warms my heart. I thought about why we celebrate Christmas. I thought about all the wonderful family and friends that I love who would all be celebrating in different ways in the morning. I thought about my little sleeping angel upstairs and my beautiful husband and how excited I was for the morning with them. I thought about next year, when there will be presents for a baby girl under our tree too.



...and I set out the last little offering from Santa. The old guy is a "Saint", after all, right? ;)

No comments: