Friday, December 18, 2009

Thump Thump


I had my six month prenatal checkup this morning, and Jimmy went along with me. It was all routine, and Vivi's doing great. Though he had high hopes that he'd get to "see sister on the show" again (we took him with us to the ultrasound last month) and was a little disappointed to hear that wouldn't be the case, what was sweet was how totally fascinated Jimmy was when the doctor used the doppler wand to listen to the baby's heartbeat. It sends the heartbeat through a little speaker so we could hear it. He'd been sitting obediently on the bench, playing with his Magna Doodle, but when the sound of Vivi's heart filled the room, Jimmy shot to attention, full of questions (as always), and he's been talking about it ever since.

"Mama! Da Doctor put da stick on you tummy! An' den she press da button! An' den it THUMP THUMP! An' I hear Vivi's heart!!!"

He chattered about it all the way home, so I explained that we each have a heart in our chest, and I put his ear against MY chest so he could hear my heart. That put him right over the top. :) We've spent a large portion of the day in that position - he listens delightedly for awhile, then runs off to play, then comes back and asks to "hear Mama's heart" again. How could I possibly deny such sweetness? Especially when it makes my heart overflow so?

1 comment:

Jaimey said...

Cute! We never took G. I kinda wish we had. Maybe if I make it to the last apt on the 5th...