Friday, July 30, 2010

Here's a silly survey I stole from my pal, Robin. Thanks Robin!

1. What time did you get up this morning?
7:00ish

2. How do you like your steak?
medium rare. Man...now I want a steak

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
"At the cinema?" Seriously? James took me to see that movie with the blue aliens in it right before V was born. That'll be the last one I see "at the cinema" for awhile, as I don't leave the baby and I don't want to take a baby to the movies. Happily, we have a wonderful home theater, so I genuinely don't miss the theater experience.

4. What is your favorite tv show?
Supernatural. I also love So You Think You Can Dance. And I've been watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Netflix Streaming.



5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
New Zealand maybe

6. What did you have for breakfast?
Toast, orange juice and coffee

7. What is your favorite cuisine?
pasta pasta pasta.

8. What foods do you dislike?
I have yet to try Thai food or sushi that I enjoy.


9. Favorite Place to Eat?
my kitchen table ;)

10. Favorite dressing?
Ranch or Caesar

11.What kind of vehicle do you drive?
an awesome Kia Rondo

12. What are your favorite clothes?
sweatpants and t-shirts. I don't particularly like my clothes to touch me.


13. Where would you visit if you had the chance?
England, Ireland, Scotland, New Zealand, Australia, Hawaii, the Caribbean...

14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full?
I'd say 3/4 full most of the time.

15. Where would you want to retire?
I'd like to travel in our retirement. Maybe based in Oregon and Kansas

16. Favorite time of day?
afternoon

17. Where were you born?
Wichita, KS

18. What is your favorite sport to watch?
KU basketball

19. Bird watcher?
Sure. We get lots of pretty ones in our back yard.

23. Are you a morning person or a night person?
I'm most definitely a night person, but I have small children, so I have to be up in the morning whether I want to be or not.



24. Pets?
No, thank you.

25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share?
I just got an ice cream machine, and it is the bombs.

26. What did you want to be when you were little?
A Holderman lady

27. What is your best childhood memory?
I have so many great childhood memories - building tent cities in the basement with my brother, family vacations, playing with my cousins, time with my grandparents, lots of playing outside in the play house, the sandpile, on the swingset, riding my bike so fast that it felt like I was flying, the excitement of the births of my 3 much younger sisters...

28. Are you a cat or dog person?
Neither. I'm more of a fish person (?)

29. Always wear your seat belt?
ALWAYS

30. Ever been in a car accident?
More than once. I hope never to experience that again.

31. Any pet peeves?
Condescension - especially when people say "Oh, you have NO idea" or "FYI" (for some reason), rudeness, children who swear, superfluous apostrophes, when people spell "of course" "of coarse". I have no idea why that last one bugs me.

32. Favorite pizza topping?
pepperoni

33. Favorite Flower?
depends on the time of year - peonies, lilies, roses, honeysuckle

34. Favorite ice cream?
chocolate

35. Favorite fast food restaurant?
Wendy's or Qdoba

36. How many times did you fail your driver's test?
None

37. From whom did you get your last email?
James - he needed my shopping list for Costco, because he's wonderful and is going to shop for me

38. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
I don't carry a credit card. After an embarrassing debacle between college graduation and our wedding, in which I worked up quite a debt, I quit cold turkey. Now, I do not spend money I don't have.

39. Do anything spontaneous lately?
It's difficult to be spontaneous with a three year old and a three month old. I did burst into uncontrollable peals of laughter at something James said a few nights ago, as we were chatting before bed...spontaneously.

40. Like your job?
I love my job. It's the best thing I've ever done.

41. Broccoli?
Yes!

42. What was your favorite vacation?
Disneyworld with James back before we had children. Just the two of us for four days, hitting all the parks until our feet just about fell off.



3. Last person you went out to dinner with?
James, the kids and my parents


44. What are you listening to right now?
The J-bird, playing upstairs and V's little baby sounds as she sits here in my arms

45. What is your favorite color?
red

46. How many tattoos do you have?
None

48. What time did you finish this quiz?
1:31pm

49. Coffee Drinker?
Oh Lord yes

50. Favorite Soda?
Diet Coke, Diet Pepsi or Diet Dr. Pepper.
Actually though, my very favorite is a diet cherry limeade from Sonic. Mmmmm.....

No comments: