Friday, September 10, 2010

Family Time

The kids and I drove back to Kansas City this morning to visit at James's parents' house (the kids' Grandma and Grandpa), as well as both of James's grandmas (the kids' GREAT grandmas). I adore "the greats" (and my in-laws too!), and I treasure any time we get to spend with them.

Miss V, meeting Great Grandma Olivia



And Great Granny K!



And Great Aunt Carolyn! Bonus!



The J-bird got in some quality Grandpa time.



And then I tortured my children by making them sit for some photos. These will be keepsakes, dang it, so SIT STILL!! ;)



With Grandpa and Grandma, yukking it up.



And then, before we left to go back to the farm (driving through a real Kansas thunderstorm, no less!), Great Granny K read the J-bird a story. It was one of the most precious things I've ever seen.

Incidentally, the highways in Kansas are awesome. I always forget that. They're about ten miles wide and the traffic seriously moves. So nice.

As I sit here typing this, there's another thunderstorm crashing outside. How cool is THAT?

1 comment:

istartedtoblog said...

Wow. Just dropping by ur blogsite is pretty, i was shock what a true blogger blogs. A lot of pictures and words. :D