Tuesday, September 21, 2010

LHS

Each year for the last 19 years, my mom has given a talk at my old high school about adoption and foster care. She had her talk today, and I thought it might be fun to see my old school (the outside anyway). She went in to do her thing, and the kids and I walked around a little.


We went to the park across the street for awhile, which was fun. When I was at LHS, this is where the kids who smoked would go to light up. My friends and I (who did not smoke) used to go over there to play Ultimate Frisbee at lunch, once we got booted from the front lawn, because someone accidentally hucked the frisbee through an open classroom window. ;)

"I don't know what Ultimate Frisbee is Mama, but it sure is warm out here! I think I'll smile pleasantly for awhile and then go to sleep in my stroller. Sound good? Awesome. PS. Nice job picking the giant flower for my head today. I love it!"


The thing about Lawrence is that there is a memory around every corner, and my old high school is no exception.

For instance, this is where my class stood to watch the solar eclipse on my 16th birthday.



And this door leads to the band room, where I spent approximately 42,369 hours. You know...back in the day. In the nineties. When I went to high school.



And here's my J-bird, getting acquainted with the LHS Chesty Lion. That's right. It's a great day to be a LION.


And now, for your edification, the LHS Alma Mater:

"We praise thee, Lawrence High School.

To you we're always true,

And through the years, fond memories,

Bring back the friends we knew.

Sportsmanship and courage,

We will never lack.

And ever more we lift our hearts,

In praise of Red and Black!"



--
Mrs. Geneva Houx
geneva.houx@gmail.com
http://www.genevahoux.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I LOVE seeing LHS..... though it makes me feel SO old now!

Carrie