Monday, September 6, 2010

Make New Friends, But Keep The Old...

The kids and I met two of my oldest friends, along with their families, at a local park this morning. It was wonderful to catch up a little bit and to see how their children have grown (or been born!) since the last time we saw one another. I didn't get anywhere near the number of pictures I'd have liked, and I didn't get any of most of the kids, because they were all off playing the whole time!

Here's Sara, meeting Miss V. When my family first moved to Lawrence in 1988, she was the first new friend I met. We drifted over the years, as people tend to do, but we reconnected via Facebook, and I'm so glad she's back in my life!


Playing, playing, playing...and more playing!


Jill and I met in junior high school and were thick as thieves for awhile...until we weren't. What can I say? Junior high and high school are weird times. Facebook also did the trick here, and again, I'm so thrilled to be back in touch. Incidentally, she looks exactly the same now as she did at 13, and this woman has 5 children. If I didn't love her, I'd hate her! ;)


These are Jill's six month old twin boys, A and B. I failed at capturing how stinking cute they are...but trust me, they are adorable.

Thank you to Sara and Jill, their significant others and all their many children for taking the time to hang out a little bit today. I loved it!


No comments: