Saturday, October 30, 2010

Haunted Gingerbread House

I have a fantastic set of molds for making gingerbread houses. Each Christmas. I make them for all the neighbors, but I like to warm up by making one for us for Halloween!

I mixed up the gingerbread, molded and baked the pieces earlier in the week. Then yesterday, while the J-bird was napping, I added some basic decorations with royal icing and assembled the house.

I tinted some icing to the color of the gingerbread and set out candies in easy-for-little-fingers-to maneuver bowls.



I took some photos (what can I say? I was excited!) , and then, when he woke up, let him at it! Miss V was conveniently still sleeping, so I got to join in, along with James and the J-bird.



And here it is "after".


He's quite pleased with our...


monstrous creation!

3 comments:

Becki Ewert said...

Those last two pictures are just tooo cute! You always do such cool things. xoxo

anSeL said...

nice blog!

Monkee said...

Darling blog!! Beautiful family! :)