Saturday, October 16, 2010

This Morning

We set out on an adventure.




There's a state park (one of MANY in Oregon) about 25 minutes from our house that we wanted to scope out, so we drove out and went for a hike.




It was chilly, but we warmed up quickly.




The woods were beautiful. I generally dislike "exercise" - other than the kind I get without setting out to "work out". I don't really know why that is, but I know it's a bad deal. I wish I loved to sweat and work out until I feel like puking, but I genuinely hate it. I like working hard in my yard or walking with my kids or riding my bike, but that's because those things are fun to me. However, that said, hiking is something I could totally get into. I really, really like it.




The J-bird is also a fan.




As is his daddy. After our hike, we visited the nearest tiny town (Vernonia) and explored it a little, which is another activity I am fond of. I love small towns!

It was a fantastic adventure. And now I'm ready to relax!

No comments: