Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Ciiiiiircle of Liiiiiiiiife

This is what's left of my black-eyed susans. A bunch of bald seed-heads sticking up out of the (very soggy) ground. I should have cut them down a couple of weeks ago, but...I haven't. Anyway. If you look closely (you may have to click on the photo), you'll see that there are a LOT of birds in there, feasting away on the seeds. I'm impressed with their industry. Almost makes me want to go fold the mountanous pile of laundry upstairs. Additionally, I see now that I am not really a "lazy gardener", I am, instead a "natural feeder of birds". See? Silver lining ;)

Yeah, yeah. I know. Laundry. I'm goin'.

2 comments:

Monkee said...

Haha! I like that! :) Makes me not feel so bad about not cutting down my flowering bushes this year...

Geneva said...

So glad to help assuage another "natural bird feeder's" guilt! ;)