Friday, December 10, 2010

8 Months

Well, here we are at 8 months already - it's so hard to fathom! The J-bird's babyhood did not go by quickly, partly because he was my only child at the time, but mainly because I was awake for most of it, and never really sleeping makes for some very long days. Not that I would ever trade a second of it, but it didn't go running by. It seems like I can remember every little moment of it. Miss V's sweet babyhood seems like it's zooming past, as I desperately clutch at the tail ends of the moments, trying to hold them to my heart so I can keep them just a little longer. No matter how much I cuddle her and gaze into her perfect eyes and rock her for just a few more minutes, the time just keeps passing, and she seems to grow in my arms.

At 8 months, she rolls all around, she sits, she feeds herself Cheerios and crackers, she loves to eat, she loves to nurse, and she just got her first tooth (with another coming in right next to it, giving her no end of trouble). She still likes to be swaddled to sleep, but I'm working on easing her out of that habit (slowly). She smiles and giggles constantly, adores her brother, likes looking in the mirror and is a genuine joy to be around.






No comments: