Friday, December 10, 2010

Gingerbread Madness: Day 1

The Day of A Lot of Dough. Each year, I make gingerbread houses and/or men for friends and neighbors. I really enjoy making them, but it is quite an undertaking, so I've refined my process over the years, and I plan way ahead, so I can do it in stages.

Yesterday, I assembled my equipment,




my ingredients,




and my helpers



(or audience, as the case may be)



and got to work measuring, stirring




spooning



and mixing.



and kneading...



and worked through the morning, until my helper had long since lost interest in anything but the apron.


42 Cups of flour, 14 eggs, 5 jars of molasses and 2 and a half bags of brown sugar (among other things) later, I have seven large batches of dough wrapped and ready in my 'fridge. Ah, nothing says "It's CHRISTMAS, and you're already WAY BEHIND!!!" quite like Gingerbread Madness. And don't you just know that I love it! 'Tis the Season, after all.

No comments: