Monday, March 28, 2011

"My Grandma Tol' Me"

When my sister, Olivia was little, she used to blame every naughty thing she did on Captain Hook. SHE didn't eat all the cookies, Captain Hook did. SHE didn't peel all the registration stickers off the license plates on all the cars, causing her 14 year old sister with a restricted permit (that'd be yours truly) to get pulled over on her way home from work, Captain Hook did it. My J-bird has taken to doing something similar, and it's cracking me up. Whenever he disagrees with me, he tells me that either his Grandma or his Granny told him something different. Now, I've been privy to most, if not all of his conversations with his Granny AND his Grandma, and I'm fairly certain they aren't secretly giving him "solid" arguments to use against his mother, and that he's just shining me on. It isn't just for disagreements, though. He often says, "Hey Mama! Looka ME! My Granny told me she likes to do THIS..." followed by some silly antics that I can picture neither my mother (Granny), nor my mother-in-law (Grandma) performing.

In this case, it was as follows:

"Hey Mama! My Grandma tol' me she likes to make a funny face, like THIS!"








Somehow, I doubt it.


But I'll take your word for it, kid.

Sharrel? WHAT have you been teaching him?! ;)

No comments: