Saturday, March 19, 2011

Supermoon!

Our friends (really part of our family) Matt and Traci came over tonight for a laid-back supper and some fun. Since tonight is the super moon, we went out at moonrise to see it.

Waiting for Supermoon...


It was too cloudy, and we had to get the kids back inside before we saw anything at all, because it was chilly, and because it was bedtime. Once our little people were snuggled into their beds though, we trooped back outside, and....





SUPERMOON!!!! It was beautiful.





After our friends headed home, James and I heard our little J-bird still talking to his babies in his bed, so we got him up and took him out to see the moon he had waited so patiently for earlier. As James tucked him back in afterward, our sweet boy sleepily said, "Thank you for getting me up to see the big moon, Daddy...". It brought to mind a sweet memory of a time when I was about the J-bird's age and my mom came and got me out of bed one evening to watch a ballet performance on TV. I was taking ballet at the time, and she just thought I would enjoy it. It was a small thing, but it made me feel so special and loved and grown up, and I've never forgotten it. I don't know if my son will remember the Super Moon, or not, but I hope he always remembers and knows how deeply loved he is by his Dad and I, and how special he is to us - whether he is grown up, or not. :)

No comments: