Friday, February 10, 2012

Bench Seat

 I've been in a project-type mood lately. I don't know if it's the nice weather we've sporadically had, or what, but I'm just going with it.

A while back, I blogged about this shoe shelf that I turned into a bench for the kids.

 It started out like this.

 And I changed it to this.

However.

It was too aqua, and I'm not a bench builder, so it needed more structural support than I had given it. I stuck it out in the garage to think about it for a bit, and last week, I pulled it back out and changed it up again.


 Now it looks like this. I put a back on it, sprayed it red, then distressed it with my sander, which lets a little bit of the aqua peek through. At first, I tried it in my entryway, with my little half-round table.



It was ok, but then I tried it by my back door.
And I love it! I have a project in mind for coats and bags by the front door. Once I get that done, I'll hang the little coat hooks that currently occupy that space over here by the bench, so the kids have a place to hang jackets when they come in from the back yard and a place to sit and put on their shoes before they go out. It's a regular kid world, up in here :)


No comments: