Saturday, March 17, 2012

Tumbling


My J-bird has been taking a tumbling class for several months now, and it's been great for him. It's not that he's a natural gymnast, or anything (he takes after me in that department), but he absolutely loves going, and it gives him a fun, physical outlet. Because we teach him at home, instead of sending him to school (which is working out really well for us), it's good for him to be in a class with other kids, having to follow the direction of someone who isn't me. It's also fun for Miss V and I to have an hour to go do something together. Granted, we don't usually do anything all that thrilling. Sometimes we just clean out the car. We enjoy each other's company though, and that's the important part.

That, and how happy this one little hour a week makes my sweet J-bird! As we move into his Kindergarten year, most likely the last of his home-school years, I'll be increasing the number of activities he participates in that don't involve me. Letting him go (even a bit at a time) is good for him...and probably for me (just don't ask me to say that out loud).



No comments: