Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Curtains. Impossible to Photograph

 The J-bird has had the same curtains in his room for the entirety of his long leggety life. They are fine curtains, but they look like what they are - sheets that I cut up and sewed into curtains. They block approximately zero light, which is unfortunate in the case of The Boy Who Wakes With The Sun.

Because I'm in a project-y mood lately, I picked up some cool, dot-patterned fabric, when my mom was here a couple of weeks ago, and this week, when I had some time, I sewed new curtains for the J-bird's rocket-themed bedroom. I'm thinking of making a cornice, but, for now anyway, the window is covered with something that blocks more of the light.


 When the blinds are open, as they are all day long, this looks much nicer than the cut up sheets. Taking a picture with the blinds open, however, does not.

I find curtains impossible to photograph (or I'm too impatient to wait until it's dark outside, so they aren't back-lit. One of those.), but here they are. Unfortunately, The Boy Who Wakes With The Sun lives in CHANGE IS TERRIBLE World (I'm told his father was the same way as a child. Thanks for passing that trait on, my darling James), and he is adamant that he does NOT like the new curtains. To which I emphatically say: too bad, so sad, little dude. Learn how to sew, and make yourself some new ones, if you like, but I'm good for another five years here. :)

No comments: