Monday, April 30, 2012

We had a heck of a week last week. After a pretty healthy winter, all things considered (a couple of colds, an ear infection for one person, a sinus infection for another - pretty standard for a family with small children), James somehow picked up Coxsackie virus, aka: Hand, Foot and Mouth. Not to be confused with Hoof and Mouth. He doesn't actually have hooves. Funny name. Not a funny illness. It was...well...it was awful. Google it, if you don't believe me. That stuff is like a horror movie. Then the baby got the stomach flu. Then the J-bird came and got me at 2:30am to tell me his tummy hurt, after which he spent twelve hours throwing up. A lot. Then, inevitably, I got the stomach flu. That tends to happen when your two year old's preferred place to vomit is on Mommy. My favorite part of being sick was the whole, "attempting to take care of three other sick people while wanting nothing more than to crawl into bed and remain there for approximately 400 hours and feeling like I was failing everyone" part. Thankfully, by the time I got sick, James was able to prop himself up enough to supervise Miss V (who was feeling better) while she watched "Melmo" and trashed the TV room, so I could take care of my poor J-bird, who just kept thanking me for helping him and telling me I'd "really saved him".

We ha a couple days respite, and then, last night, the final Houx fell to the stomach bug. Poor James. He'd JUST recovered from the Coxsackie.

Wheeeeee! Sound like a fun week?

We're all back on our feet now, tired and slightly shaky, but glad to be putting last week in the "past" column. Also, I may need to buy stock in Lysol. Is that a thing? Let us just say, I have repeatedly scrubbed every possible surface, and I still may require some napalm to finish the job. Anyway, it's over.

Let us never speak of it again.


;)




No comments: