Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Fairy Garden

 I've seen these little fairy gardens popping up all over the interwebs, and I thought it would be a perfect thing to do with my kids. I found some fun things at various sales at various stores over the course of a couple of weeks, and the kids and I had a great time putting ours together.

 We used a dwarf tree in a pot that was sitting on my back patio. I had plants around the base of the tree last year, but they died, so it was weedy and sad. We started by pulling up the weeds and turning the soil.

 I painted this little house, and we made a path in front of it with some flat stones. We planted petunias on either side, added some pinwheels and a little sign we painted together that says, "Welcome Fairies".

 We planted hen and chicks (one of my favorite plants) and added shiny stones and glass leaves around everything.





Voila! The hen and chicks will (hopefully) grow and fill everything in, and we can add more stones, as we find them, but it's a really fun little addition to our back patio.

2 comments:

Nurasyikin said...

hye, i'm syikin, from Malaysia..i am bloghopper, hopping from one blog to another, love to read others experiences,especially those from other countries n it comes to here..your blog.:-)
u have such a handsome son n sweet daughter..nice writing..:-)

Geneva said...

Thank you for stopping by! I'm really pleased you liked the blog.