Sunday, May 20, 2012

Plant Stand Herb Garden

 I love growing vegetables and herbs, but my yard has drainage issues, so I have to use pots, most of the time. I was feeling agitated about something the other day, and planting and working in the dirt is always cathartic for me, so I decided the kids and I should get to work on a little herb garden. I have this cool plant stand that I got at a garage sale several years ago for $10, and I thought it'd be a good home for our little garden.



We picked up some inexpensive pots (plastic, in case one of my children knocks them over) and some herbs, along with some potting soil, headed home and got to digging.


 The J-bird and Miss V love digging in the dirt just as much as I do, so they really enjoyed this.


We planted rosemary, basil, thyme and oregano, and we put a little pre-potted strawberry planter at the top. I labeled the pots with a Sharpie, and voila! The kids really enjoy watering the pots, and I will enjoy cooking with the herbs. Fun!

No comments: