Saturday, June 30, 2012

Impromptu Sprinkler Running

 It was completely gorgeous outside the other day. The kids were playing in the back yard with just a few minutes before bedtime, and they wanted to play in the water. I thought that sounded just fine, so I turned on the sprinkler, and they stripped down and spent twenty minutes dancing in the sunshine, sparkly water and wet grass.



 I took some pictures right before we came in, but I was in a hurry, so I didn't check my camera settings. Whoops. Bummer. Blurry and overexposed. The photos weren't the point though. Watching them enjoy that wonderful childhood moment made me smile ear to ear,and I wasn't the only one! They had so much fun. The J-bird kept trying to teach Miss V to hold her breath while she ran through the spray. His repeated demonstrations were hilarious. Meanwhile, Miss V was quite busy, sticking her whole face in the water to drink as much as her tummy would hold. Nothing says "childhood summer" to me quite like running through the sprinkler and drinking from the hose. Each kid got half an otter pop before (thoroughly brushing teeth and) heading to bed happy. Hooray for warm weather and playing outside!

No comments: