Saturday, July 14, 2012

Da Front Porch

 I've been revamping my front porch, and I am loving the results. I posted a bit ago about my yellow painted chairs, which have become one of my favorite places to sit.


 I saw these painted aluminum cans and glass bottles on a blog called Fox Hollow Cottage and decided to give it a whirl. I spray painted this giant can green, then lightly sprayed it white. When it was dry, I took steel wool to it. I added a blue ribbon and a pretty brooch I never wear, and it holds the plant I received for helping with VBS this year. ;)


 I set the plant on a cool wood crate I found at a shop downtown.
 I loves it.



 I made some pillows from a blue towel to set on the chairs.


 I had this great idea to paint "knock" on each one. "Knock knock"... get it? They looked terrible though, so I turned them around. Because I'm lazy. Who knew terry cloth was so hard to paint on?


 Next, I bought three small rugs for $4 apiece at WalMart and sewed them together to go under the whole shootin' match.





 Oh, how I adore a project. I'm so happy with how this turned out! Who wants to come over and porch sit with me?!

No comments: