Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Paper Flowers

 I don't usually go nuts, decorating for the Fourth of July. That's mainly because I'm usually in Kansas this time of year, seeing family and sweating to death. We're home this year though, enjoying the temperate Oregon summer, and I realized I needed to add to my meager store of patriotic decor.

I found the idea for these paper flowers at Live, Laugh, Rowe, and I decided to give them a whirl.

 I like them! They're super cheerful and were relatively easy to make. I'd thought I'd have the kids help me with them, but I got all focused and ended up doing them myself. Next time.


I made a little pennant banner from the same craft papers and hung it up above. Because they're not strictly flag themed, I'll probably leave them up for a while, just because I like them.

.......

I looked and looked at this, and then I decided I didn't like the paper wrapped Mason jar. I have a rawther large collection of red glass stuff, so I swapped it out for a red vase.


What do you think - better, or worse?

No comments: