Sunday, July 15, 2012

Quick, While She's Not Looking

 I hear sometimes about other people's children and how they get along perfectly, and I think to myself, "Huh. I wonder what that's like." I don't know. My kids fight with each other. They love each other, of course, and it's not all the time, but they fuss back and forth quite a bit. It's maddening. Only lately, instead of constantly intervening when they rumble, I'm trying to stay back and let them work it out (unless someone is getting hurt). They need to forge their own relationship, and this is one way I can help - by butting out. They've actually started "talking" things out or finding compromises (some of the time), and I keep catching them being super duper sweet together when they don't know I'm watching.



Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit's pretty adorable, alright.

I believe two minutes after I took these photos, Miss V headbutted the J-bird in the chest, but I'm going to choose to celebrate the happy progress and enjoy the way they look at one another when they're just hanging out, being pals. Makes me happy.


No comments: