Friday, August 3, 2012

"I SWIMMING!!!!!!"

 Each day that the J-bird had his swimming lessons, Miss V would ask me, hope in her eyes, "My turn swimming now? I get inna pool?", and each day, I'd have to tell her "No, honey. We're just watching." On the second to last day of his Level 1 lessons, I learned that his wonderful teacher also teaches private lessons for children as young as 2 (the group classes only take ages 3 and up). Her rates are VERY reasonable, so I thought I'd do something special for my sweet Miss V, who has been longing to dive headlong into that water.

 Miss V was so excited to be going to her very own swimming lesson. "JUST for ME!"
 True to her nature, Miss V was not one bit afraid. She took Alyssa's hand and got right in the water. She kicked and did the arm movements Alyssa taught her. She put her face in the water and blew bubbles. She even jumped in and went under. The best part was how she kept looking for me, and, finding me, squealing (with a huge smile on her face), "I SWIMMING!!" in her sweet little bell of a voice. The J-bird and I cheered and clapped from the sidelines, and I grinned until my face hurt and I had tears in my eyes.









She hasn't stopped talking about it, and it is adorable.

Now, I realize that I could take her swimming myself, but this made her feel special, and that joy was worth a few bucks to me. When the J-bird starts Level 2 in a week and a half, Miss V will have a few more lessons as well. I think we're all looking forward to it.



No comments: