Friday, August 24, 2012

If I Could Save Time In A Bottle

The J-bird is learning to tell time on a regular clock this week.

I saw something like this (only made of paper) that a teacher friend posted on Facebook, and I thought it was smart, so I copied it in window crayon onto our sliding glass door (which serves as a blackboard for us).

 Once I'd explained it all out, we started playing with this toy clock that my mom gave the kids. I'd put the clock hands on different numbers, and then the J-bird would tell me what time it was.


After that, I made him a quick worksheet. He grasped the concept much more quickly than I anticipated. Pretty painless, actually! Obviously, we've started with the most basic stuff, and we'll keep working on it, but I'm pleased with what he's got so far. I love teaching at home :)

No comments: