Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Dugout

 My friend, Kim is opening a gourmet deli and beer bar in a few weeks called The Dugout. I'm so excited for her! I offered to help with anything she needed, and she asked me to paint a sign to go behind the bar.


 Here's her logo. I went to the construction site of her place and checked out where she wants the sign, and Kim decided that, rather than painting directly on the cooler, it'd be nice to have a large, painted cutout of her logo to hang up.



 I drew it out on a big piece of wood I had out in the garage, then cut it out with a jigsaw and sanded the rough edges.


Then, I painted it. For a hand-painted sign from a non-professional, I think it looks pretty decent. I'm really happy with how it turned out anyway, and Kim seems pleased as well, which brings me no small measure of relief. :)

1 comment:

ladymoxie said...

That is awesome! It looks just like the logo. Great work girl. ;)