Sunday, November 11, 2012

Animalia

 I love this book! I had a copy when I was a child and spent hours poring over all the amazing illustrations. When the J-bird was born, an artistic relative sent a copy for him, and we love, love, love it.
 The book takes you through the alphabet with pages covered in illustrations of objects that start with each letter. For example, "Great green gorillas growing grapes in a gorgeous glass greenhouse". There are green gorillas and grapes, of course, but there is so much more - a gnome, a goblet, a giraffe, a gendarme, a gladiator, a gong...it goes on and on. I've been looking at this book my whole life, and I know I haven't found everything yet. There's also a drawing of a little boy hidden on each page, which is fun to find. It's truly a wonderful book, good for every age (because you can take as much or as little time with each page as you like), and one I don't get tired of reading to my kids.

And no, I'm not selling this book or anything. I just love it. :)

No comments: