Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Blocks: The Gift That Keeps On Giving

 I'm a big believer in "old fashioned" toys for children. Not to be soap box-y. We absolutely have an abundance of techy, talking, moving, giggling, weirdo, easily broken toys for our kids, but there's just something about a toy that requires some imagination and ingenuity. I think those are the toys that get played with most, and I think those are the toys that endure. My mom has a lot of the toys that my brother and I played with over thirty years ago, and it's fun to see my kids playing with them when we visit her house. She gifted my kids with some GORGEOUS wooden alphabet blocks a long time ago, and I added a set of plain wood blocks this Christmas. They sit and build with them for long stretches, and I love seeing what they come up with.

No comments: