Thursday, January 10, 2013

Chore Chart

 I'm super tired of pestering my children to pick up after themselves and brush their teeth. I'm also looking for a way to institute a (small) allowance, to start cementing lessons about money. Enter: awesome chore chart. I cruised Pinterest - source of all crafty knowledge - and found this owl idea. I adapted the design to what I wanted to do with it, explained it all out to my kids, and then I got them started on it.  It's really just the chores they're expected to do anyway, but now they velcro a token onto the board when they've done them. If, at the end of the day, all their chores are done, they put a colored penny on the "Done for the Day" section of the chart for that day. At the end of the week, we'll count the pennies and trade them for quarters. This way, they have the potential to "earn" seven quarters apiece each week - one for each of their piggy banks, one each to put in the offering at church, and five each to keep.






We'll see how it goes. :)

No comments: