Friday, January 18, 2013

It's Gonna Be A Bright, Bright, Bright Sunshiny Door (Or Two)

 The inside of my front door was looking sad, drab, and scratched. I routinely scrub my doors, because they get unexpectedly grody, but it really needed to be re-painted. As I am on a quest for more color in our house, I decided to paint it some other-than-the-trim-color color, and I went with yellow.


 I like yellow. It's happy.




 I also painted the trim around the transom light. Initially, I went with a dark blue, but it looked HORRIFYINGLY BAD, so I mixed up a lighter green/blue, and, after 4000 coats of paint, I like it. I've always wanted to do something with that transom light, and this makes it just a little special.




 I switched out my neutral rugs for some inexpensive rainbow-y rag rugs, and voila! My entryway. Cheerful, functional, and imperfect. Kind of like me. :)




 Of course, being me, I then looked for other doors to paint yellow. My mom had suggested painting my pantry door something exciting, and that sounded dandy to me, so I went for it.

I love it so much, I can barely stand it.

It's the little things, man. I am quite easily pleased. And I grin every time I peep one of my happy, sunshiny doors.

Details: I used Sherwin Williams paint, and I only needed two light coats per door. I am deeply lazy, so I did not sand them at all at any point. Doesn't seem to have mattered. I also didn't take them off the hinges and put them on sawhorses like a pro. I just painted them where they are.

No comments: