Thursday, January 17, 2013

Makeshift Umbrella Stand

One might think, since I've lived in the Northwest for eight years, that I'd have clued into the fact that it's a rainy place, and that I'd have gotten my act together on an umbrella stand of some sort by now. One would think wrong. I did, however, finally decide I'd had enough of the drippy-umbrellas-heaped-on-the-floor and/or drippy-umbrellas-left-on-the-porch during the winter time, so I grabbed an old barstool from the garage (garage sale find from a few years ago that didn't work out the way I'd hoped) and my trusty spray paint, painted that baby, stuck some felt on the seat, turned it upside down, and called it an umbrella stand. It took one afternoon nap time to do, and I like it. It works well, anyway, and it's colorful, which goes along with my current quest for a rainbow hued house. I've toyed with the idea of putting some old doorknobs or cabinet pulls on the feet - opinions?



No comments: