Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

 Happy Valentine's Day to you! Here's a little craft that the kids and I did - from Pinterest, of course. The original craft involved tracing and cutting, but we took a cue from my Mama and used paint and stamps carved from a potato.



I painted each child's hand and arm and printed it onto the paper. Then, I gave them each a plate with a small amount of red paint and one of the potato stamps and let them go to it. Once they were dry, I added the black lines to the "trunks" of the trees to make them look like birches.



I glued each one to a sheet of white card stock, added a heart cutout with the appropriate initials, and called them done. Cute, right? These were for James from the kids. :)

1 comment:

Joy Brown said...

VERY cute indeed! I bet your kiddos loved it! :)