Friday, February 1, 2013

Red Bird Cupcakes





My friend, Amy asked me if I could make some cupcakes for a baby shower she was going to. She was hoping they could echo the nursery theme, which is based around the pillow pictured above - red birds on birch branches. I like making cupcakes, and themes are fun, so I said I'd do it.


Here's what I came up with - white cupcakes with chocolate flecks (to look like the birch branches), iced with a vanilla cream frosting "nest", and topped by a little red bird made from candy melts. If I had a mold, the birds would be perfectly smooth, but I just piped them out onto a Silpat, so they aren't. I like them, all the same, and I'm hoping Amy's friend did too.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

They looked fantastic, waiting to hear what she thought! Thank you Geneva, you are a great friend and SW. :)

Anonymous said...

I am Amy's friend, Brenda! She sent me the link for your blog. Yes, I absolutely loved the cupcakes! They were so cute and absolutely delicious. Thank you very much!

Geneva said...

Aaaaah! I'm so excited that you liked them! Congratulations on your little-one-on-the-way! :)