Saturday, April 20, 2013

To The Love Of My Life on His 35th Birthday

 A Few Of The Many Reasons Why I Love You:

You hold my heart so carefully, yet with such confidence, just as you always have, and I adore you more with every passing day.

You are even more devastatingly handsome than the day we met. Seriously...that face...


And you still make me laugh (which is an essential quality, as you know). You make me laugh until I have tears running down my face, and my sides ache. That's pretty awesome for someone who has heard all your material several times in the last decade +.

You have made me a mother twice, which is a boundless cup that runs over every day.

But you don't abandon me to parent alone. You partner with me in raising the J-bird and Miss V. You're such a good dad, and it's gorgeous to watch. Do we make mistakes? YES. Are they made in love? You bet. And we learn and learn and learn.

You welcome friends and family into our home with grace and kindness. That's important to me, and it's an example I want for our kids. Thank you for that.

Your quiet faith is inspiring.

You know everything there is to know about me, and you love me anyway. I don't have to be afraid to show you anything, because I know for sure that we're in this together, and THAT is something special.

There are so many reasons, but you know them all anyway. James, my James, I adore you. Have a wonderful birthday. I hope this year rains happiness on your head (and mine, by proxy) until you're drenched with it. Let's celebrate!


No comments: