Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Amy's Andina and Karaoke Birthday Blowout


Saturday was my pal, Amy's birthday, and THAT was cause for celebration. On Friday, the kids and I decorated her front steps with some serious sidewalk chalk while she was at work. Surprise!

 And then, on Saturday, James, Amy and I headed to Andina in Portland for Peruvian food. It was outstanding. If you live in the Portland area, do yourself a favor and TRY THIS PLACE. We ordered various things and shared, which was a great way to sample the menu, and I would absolutely go back again. The atmosphere was lovely, the service was fantastic, and the food was out of this world.




(This man is cute. )





 After supper, we headed to the Pit Stop to sing karaoke with some friends. Amy's parents drove up to join us and everything. We sang our hearts out and had such a great time! For all the singing I've done in my life, I've never done karaoke before, and I shook like a leaf on my first song, but it really was very fun. I kept saying I was done, but Amy kept requesting songs, and it was HER dang birthday, so I ended up singing four times. That would have been embarrassing, but there were some other folks who had come out (not with us) who took their karaoke very seriously, and they sang many, many more times than that. My favorite part was cheering on all the other singers. :)






We finished the night dancing backup to Deena's rendition of the Time Warp, and it was a bang-up way to go out. Amy said it was one of her best birthdays ever, which definitely equals party success in my book. I think we showed my girl a good time. Happy birthday, Amy!

No comments: