Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Don't Go Chasing Waterfalls. Or Do. Because It's Awesome.

 To celebrate the J-bird finishing Kindergarten (WHAT?!), we grabbed our friends-who-are-family and went on a Portlandia adventure on Saturday.
 We started with the best donuts in all the land at Blue Star. Go to there. Eat of their amazing wares.
I bet you'll like it.







 You may or may not know this about me, but I love to dance. This does not mean I dance well, only that I love to git down. My children will not always love this about me, but they currently enjoy it.





 After Blue Star, we drove out to Multnomah Falls. Gorgeous. I hadn't been out there since before Miss V was born. Yep, still breathtaking.

 (This is actually Wahkeena Falls - right before Multnomah. We stopped and walked up there first.)




 A rare photo of all four Houxes.





 Be not afeared. Someone was right behind her. :)



 "Please do not plummet off the path to your certain doom, darling."

"But I waaaaant toooooo!"









 The J-bird is intentionally winking in this photo which makes it a contender for my collection of all-time favorite photos. Look at the smirk! And the dimples! Augh. I'm dying. Nope. I'm dead. I've been slain by it. I don't know if it's the little plaid flannel shirt, or the Spock haircut, but this kid breaks my Cute-o-Meter lately.



 Miss V smashed her Cute-o-Meter with a hammer a long time ago ;)




 Then there's this little number. Yeah. See? Hammer go smash.






 Orrrrrr this. Thank you, Bailey. I believe I'm cured. ;)












 Aaaand...that's enough walking.



After hiking around the Falls for as long as the kids could handle it, we went back into the city for some lunch/brunch at the Screen Door. Have MERCY. Go on and go there for some Southern food, and plan to share with your friends, because it's amazing and huge and filling. We got chicken and waffles, grits, and biscuits and gravy to share around, and we didn't really eat for the rest of the day. We ate like pythons, is what I mean to say.

So, to sum up - donuts, waterfalls, chicken and waffles. And grits. How was your Saturday?