Sunday, July 28, 2013

Vroom Vroom

 Every summer in our town, there is a great big car show called the Concours d'Elegance. We've never gone, because the entrance fee is a little high, but this year, a friend of mine happened to post on Facebook late the night before that he had two tickets he and his wife weren't going to use. Insomnia finally pays off! I piped up and scored the tix for the J-bird and I, and the next day, after church the J-bird and I cruised on over to check out some gorgeous classic cars. We made an afternoon of it and had some great Mommy-son time. PS. Mama needs a muscle car.
















































We had a blast admiring the cars. The J-bird even got to SIT IN A CLASSIC THUNDERBIRD.



WHAT?!

After we had looked at every single car, we decided we were hot and thirsty, so we went out for Italian sodas. It really was a lovely afternoon, and when we pulled back into our garage at home in our regular old Mamamobile (not nearly as exciting as that '66 Impala), the J-bird said to me, "Mommy, sometimes you are so soft, and in my head I think, 'I am in LOVE!'".

I know what you mean, kiddo.

No comments: