Wednesday, October 30, 2013

We're Mental

Every once in a while when I was a kid, my mom would give me a "mental health day" from school. A day when I got to stay home and just take a breath. I didn't get to do it often - she didn't want the truant officer after us, but I always thought it was the absolute coolest thing ever when I got to do it, and my mom usually made it pretty fun.

We've had a wacky week so far, and it's only Wednesday. Poor Miss V has had croup, of all things - not her first case - and the J-bird has had a very minor cough as well. Though J has felt ok, with no fever and plenty of sleep, I asked him if he'd rather just stay home today, and instead of vehemently insisting he wanted to go to school (he LOVES school), he said he thought he'd really like a day at home with Sissy and me. So we're relaxing in our jammies and tending our mental health. Kind of a lovely mid-week break.

No comments: