Monday, November 11, 2013

So. 50

I don't really talk about this a lot, because...well, because I think it's kind of obnoxious. I weighed myself last week though and found that, after a little over a year of working at it, I've stepped out of fifty extra pounds. Coincidentally, that's how much the J-bird weighed at his check-up last week. So. I was hauling around a six and a half year old on my thighs and butt, basically. Charming.



Here's the deal, I don't care at all what people weigh or how they look. I've never cared. That's part of why I don't talk about this much. I think it's all about how you feel in your skin. If you're dancing your dance, then dance it and be very happy and know that you are beautiful in your joy. If you're like me, unhappy and shrinking inside and making lots of excuses for unhappiness, then there's not much dancing going on, and that's no way to live. So I made some changes, and there are results, and I'm happier, and now there's more dancing. And that works for ME.