Monday, February 3, 2014

Let's Get Together And Organize

 We have a bonus room upstairs in our house that we've made into a home theater. In a perfect, HGTV world, that room would be sleek, showroom perfect, and clutter free, but let's be serious - we have two little children, and the toys have piled up. Years ago, I bought a little shelving unit and some canvas boxes to hold toys, and that worked for a while, but we just acquired too much stuff, and it turned into this horrible mess.


I've had a vision of how I wanted to streamline this area for quite some time, and I've been on the hunt for just the right thing at just the right price. I've looked and looked and passed up several options, and then, yesterday, the heavens parted and the angels smiled down upon me. My little town has a Free Classifieds page on Facebook. It's a common thing for lots of towns - check it out and see if your town has one. They're like giant garage sales, and you can get amazing deals. Anyway, the perfect thing for my space popped up on our page, and I jumped on that baby like a duck on a june bug. (Good thing, too, because there were several other interested parties.). I messaged the seller and ran across town to fetch m'prize, shoving it in the back of James's Subaru, tying down the hatch, and then gleefully (and slowly) driving home, cackling all the way. Here's the "after":

And HOW much did this majesty cost me, you may ask? TEN AMERICAN DOLLARS. That's right. $10. I sorted through all the toys and made a big pile to give away, and the rest went into the GIANT drawers of this perfect thing. I'm pretty sure I'm in love.

No comments: