Sunday, February 2, 2014

Memory Quest

When I was a kid, my mom had these heavy, brown mixing bowls in her cupboard that she used for making cookies. I mean, I'm sure she used them for other things, but I was a child, so to ME, they were cookie making bowls. When I learned how to bake - a hobby I still love - I started out using those heavy, brown bowls. They were sturdy and easy to use and wash. Perfect for cookie making. As it turns out, those bowls were part of a set of something called Marquest, and, over time, my mom acquired the whole collection. After years of using it though, she's gotten bored with it, so now she's selling it off. I was a little sad to see it go, and she knew it, so she sent me a mixing bowl. I opened up the box I received in the mail and unpacked a million childhood memories. I may have gotten a little something in my eye.
Perhaps it was a packing peanut.


No comments: