Friday, June 20, 2014

Topsy Turvy Flower

 Last night was Miss V's first big dance recital, and whoo, buddy, was it ever exciting! Miss V was over the moon about everything - the costume! the friends! Miss Patty (her teacher)! dancing at Bailey's school (it was in the high school auditorium)! and most especially...THE MAKEUP!!




 The show was just wonderful. Kids from age 3-18, dancing in all styles and at all levels. Our girl had a blast. Her class danced a routine called "Topsy Turvy Flowers" that involved big flowerpots and lots of skipping - something she can't quite do yet. She managed though, and she was SO cute. I was giggling at how darling the whole thing was, and then I realized I had giant, silly mommy tears running down my face. I'm sure that's not the last time that will happen.

When the show was over, I went to collect Miss V backstage. I gave her a bouquet of flowers and marveled at the medal her teacher had given her. It was sweet to see her with all her friends, so happy and proud of themselves.

And then, it was time to greet her public!






Congratulations, little darlin'. We love ya so!

No comments: