Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Revamped Bench

 I bought this bench second hand last summer. I needed something to sit on my back porch to complete a little seating arrangement I have going with some old wooden rocking chairs. It's a great piece with storage in the seat for bubbles and chalk and back yard toys - just perfect. I've always intended to paint it, but it wasn't high on my to-do list. This week, my kids are enjoying five days at Farm Camp, so I'm taking the opportunity to do a few projects I've had my eye on, and this is one of them.


I sanded it down a little, then painted it a light mint green.

I wanted to add something to the seat, so, after some thought, I decided on a bird. I like painting birds.



I added a little dark coral detail to the back, and here it is! It needs a couple coats of heavy-duty poly, and it'll be ready to go back outside.

No comments: