Friday, October 16, 2015

Some Timely Magic

 A couple of weeks into this school year, there was some upheaval and change at our little Montessori school. Long story short, the J-bird ended up transferring over to our local public school. The transition has been interesting for him, but he loves his teacher, he's making lots of friends, and there are some really fun things he enjoys there, like tonight's Fall Festival. The kids all got to wear their Halloween costumes to school, play carnival games, have pizza, and just enjoy a nice time that also raised some money for the school.

My kids were delighted to try out the costumes we've had in the works. The J-bird went as the 10th Doctor (from Doctor Who)




Miss V went as Hermione (from Harry Potter)






James went as the Tardis



Aaaaaand...I didn't dress up. Cut me some slack. I've been busy.




It was a lovely evening, and we all had a really nice time.

When we got home, I was looking at my kids and just reflecting on how quickly the time passes. My J-bird is in the 3rd grade already, and my sweet Miss V is cruising through her home Kindergarten program. Parenting is not an easy undertaking, and sometimes I get so caught up in the details of messy rooms and attitude adjustments and chores that need to be done and reading lessons and tae kwon do uniforms that need laundering, that I forget to stand back and appreciate the masterpiece that we are painting together. It's not perfect, but, you know, to me, it is breathtaking.





No comments: