Saturday, April 8, 2017

Oh Heavens, She's Seven

 My sweet Miss V turns 7 on the 9th, so we partied down today with her buddies. She's enamored with all things rainbow and unicorn these days, so that was the theme. For anyone who wasn't down with unicorns, we had knight-themed things. The kids donned unicorn headbands or knight helms, crayoned up some coloring sheets, discovered their unicorn (or knight) names and wore them around on nametags. We played Pin the Horn on the Unicorn, we beat the life out of a unicorn pinata, and then we ate rainbow snacks (cupcakes, sprinkle dipped marshmallows, rainbow fruit kebabs, and juice boxes), before Miss V opened gifts. We tried some charades, and then all the kids took their noise and energy outside and ran around until their parents came to collect them. It was a loud, funny, crazy, hysterical good time. Miss V was thrilled.









You know how "they" say that the days are long, but the years are short when you're raising children? I know it's a cliche, but it's true. Sometimes I worry that if I take my eyes off her for a second, I'll look back, and she'll be 20 years old. So I'll just keep watching and enjoying the show.






Happy birthday, baby. I love you more than the sun in the sky, deeper than the sea and further than the birds can fly.
And I always will.

1 comment:

sumon tripura said...

What a fantastic blog I have ever seen. I didn’t find this kind of information till now. Thank you so much for sharing this information. For more information visit tactical defense weapons